Monday 17 October 2011

29th March, 2011


A half day in engine room but a yet another wakeful day for me. Swaying of the ship wasn’t enough to register itself in my mind through the day after the rocking we had in South China Sea. A lot of thoughts but no one to share is not appalling any more as I have decided to follow the footsteps of Anne Frank. Not exactly to maintain a diary but something on the lines, to keep an e-log. Since to-be-read by anyone else is out of the question, so web-log or blog is not of any help and as if I will get the internet to do so. Anyways, Anne’s diary kept my mind occupied for the most of the day when I was free from my engine room work. Though it bothered me that how we humans can get as to kill innocent people to satisfy our pride and vanity, just like her I have chosen not to paint a grim picture but look at the beautiful canvas God gifts me every day to paint. No matter how short or long life is there, cherishing it will surely be close to living than complaining for things. Not worthy of mentioning here are the tears that rolled down my cheeks after going through those few years of her life. The turmoil of the teenage clearly visible was something I could easily relate to with my past and yet again with Isha’s current state. Many a times while reading the book I could relate entire paragraphs or pages to me or with Isha. She seemed, to be honest, a turbulent mix of me and my girlfriend at the same time. But what really rocked my world was the fact that at 14 she was dictating life as I have come to comprehend in my 26th year.
Had my lunch and dinner for a change but need to drink more water and restrict myself to two meals a day. Many reasons postulated for such a fast but in the end I feel that it’s not required to have food three times a day as I can mange with two, so why carry extra with me wherever I go.
Also I find that playing sport takes my mind off anything. Surely it does the same for everyone else as well but rarely anyone would notice. I need to convey this to Isha so she might help herself out of the misery she thinks the world has put her into. Much remains to be done on the spiritual part by me, specially starting with yoga as the reason being that until I have my body in discipline, my mind won’t. No books here to read except related to ship so I don’t know if I will be able to maintain my half an hour reading practise, though I surely am going to write as time permits. Have to source out some once we touch land.
Rest is same old on a boat as it was some 9 years back. I can hardly believe that I have gone past such a long distance, seems like yesterday. So long Krishna...

No comments:

Post a Comment